Question: “I have just got a Canon HF G10 camcorder. And now I am planing to taking it on a trip for business and trying to get the video in Final Cut Pro. But without much success, that is, I can get the Canon to show up on my desktop, but can’t seem to get FCP to capture the video from the camera using the USB Cable that came with the camera. Do I need to convert and what is the best setting on the Vixia Canon G10 camcorder for the MTS formats? Don’t want any loss of video and audio quality. Thank you in advance.”
This question above is from one of my friends. Do you has fell into the similiar dilemma? Is there an easy way to solve the imporing problem? How to successfully import Canon HF G10 MTS files in Final Cut Pro and keeping the best HD quality as well as optimal settings?
VIXIA HF G10 brings professional capabilities. However, AVCHD is highly compressed and can’t be accepted by FCP. FCP develps Log and Transfer as a helpful tool to convert AVCHD to ProRes. But it can not support AVCHD files from all the camcorders and with many problems less success. As Apple ProRes is the codec natively supported by FCP, you need to convert Canon 1080p AVCHD to ProRes with a third party Prores converter to replace the L&T.
Canon AVCHD to FCP Converter for Mac is suggested to you here. This Mac Canon AVCHD Converter is designed specially for Canon AVCHD Camcorder users to convert Canon 1080 HD AVCHD video to FCP compatible codec Apple ProRes with high quality, also help you to convert Canon AVCHD to AIC for iMovie or Final Cut Express, or convert MTS to Movie Maker with virous preset video formats for editing software. Very intuitive and easy to use. Besides, you can use it as an Mac editor to deinterlace the original 1080i footages, crop video size, trim video clips, and add special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos.
Now, start follow the guide start converting Canon VIXIA HF G10 MTS to Apple ProRes MOV for FCP on Mac.
Step one: Download
Transfer .mts files from Canon VIXIA HF G10 camera to Mac and download Mac Canon AVCHD to Prores Converter from Pavtube.
Step two: Add Canon AVCHD MTS files
Install and run Mac Canon AVCHD to FCP Converter for Mac. Click “Add Video”or “Add from folder” button to load Canon raw MTS files to the program.
1. If you want to combines several AVCHD clips as one, please tick “Merge into one” box to merge the files into one single file.
2. If you want to to limit the size and length of the output video, just press on “Split the selected task” in the main interface by specifying the clip quantity, duration time and file size to cut the selected video file into required video clips.
3. Go to Video Editor by clicking ”” to trim, crop the video, or add watermark and adjust effect to the videos which you will convert. And it is defalulted to deinterlace 1080i MTS files. If you want to get 3D effect, just move mouse to “effect” to enable this fuction and do settings.
Step Three: Choose output format
Click on “Format” and select “Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” format from drop down list as the best codec for FCP;
1. Due to the difference in the compresstion standard of AVCHD and ProRes 422, the converted files are significantly larger than the original ones. If you prefer smaller file size, please choose “Apple ProRes 422 (LT) (*.mov)” instead.
2. If you need to change the default settings, you should go to the “Profile Settings” by clicking the “Setting” button. On that interface, you can customize the bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
Step four: Start conversion
Click “Convert” button to convert Canon VIXIA HF G10 MTS to ProRes on Mac with high quality.
After the workflow, just import the ouput video files to Final Cut Pro X or Final Cut Pro 7. Now you can natively, smoothly import and edit Canon VIXIA HF G10 MTS files on Mac with high quality. Hope this article helps! And find more guides at Canon Column and FCP Column.
Canon VIXIA series camcorder is a large family of popular Canon HD camcorders at least including following models:
|Canon VIXIA HF M31||Canon VIXIA HF S11||Canon VIXIA HF M40|
|Canon VIXIA HF M32||Canon VIXIA HF R11||Canon VIXIA HF G10|
|Canon VIXIA HF M30||Canon VIXIA HF R100||Canon VIXIA HF S30|
|Canon VIXIA HF M300||Canon VIXIA HF R10||Canon VIXIA HF R21|
|Canon VIXIA HF 200||Canon VIXIA HF 21||Canon VIXIA HF R200|
|Canon VIXIA HF 20||Canon VIXIA HF 11||Canon VIXIA HF R20|
|Canon VIXIA HF S100||Canon VIXIA HF 100||Canon VIXIA HF M41|
|Canon VIXIA HF S10||Canon VIXIA HF 10||Canon VIXIA HF M400|
|Canon VIXIA HF S21||Canon VIXIA HV 30|
|Canon VIXIA HF S200||Canon VIXIA HV 40|
|Canon VIXIA HF S20|
Most popular HD models of Canon VIXIA series, including the latest VIXIA HF S11, VIXIA HF S10, VIXIA HF S100, VIXIA HF20, VIXIA HF200, VIXIA HG21, VIXIA HG20, etc. are supported by this Canon VIXIA AVCHD converter for Mac.
No related posts.