As the first camcorder featuring the P2 card, Panasonic AG-HVX200 uses the DVCPRO HD codec records HD video with outstanding image and audio quality onto a P2 card in MXF file format. P2 MXF files are OP-Atom （MXF Operational Pattern Atom), where each track of video and audio are stored in separate files. The P2 uses a 6-character identifier in the filename of all related files. P2 card: A solid-state memory card for recording DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO HD, and AVC-Intra media within MXF container files. Most of us would choose Panasonic Camcorder MXF as the recording mode, as it provides high quality videos. However, it is not so easy to burn MXF files into DVD. Below is question from one of my client.
“I’ve received some DVC Pro HD 720p/60 footage with its own data structure and I am having problem when encoding to DVD. What I need to do is to replace its audio track with anther(this is one of my favourite features of PCV Mac). Now I think I need a video converter to replace the audio track and then use Toast to create a image file. But I don’t plan to convert the video file, just replace the audio. Is there an easier or better way? (BTW, My video files come from Panasonic HVX200 in MXF format.) Thanks!! ”
As MXF format came from Panasonic Camcorder is a special format that is very large and contains a variety of codecs, this makes DVD burning workflow with MXF files can’t operate properly, neither using software iDVD nor Torast on Mac. This article will show you how to successfully burn/write DVCPro MXF clips from Panasonic HVX200 to DVD on Mac OS X (Mountain Lion 10.8 included).
1. For win users, you can turn to the guide make P2 MXF into DVD on Windows.
2. Otherwise, having problem with burning MXF files into dvd, please refer to the following guide as reference.
How to burn Panasonic MXF files to DVD for playing with DVD player or backup on Mac?
Here a useful tool or software- Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac is recommended to you. Now Pavtube has released its Mac version. The DVD maker for Mac can help you burn any kind of video (MXF, MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, TiVo, etc) to playable DVD with customized Menu and soundtrack . With its simple wizard-style user interface and powerful editing features, DVD authoring and burning can’t be easier. Choosing DVD menu template/style, menu text, display aspect ratio and background for the DVD menu and setting chapter mark and playback mode, a DVD with your favourite style will present in front of your eyes!
Cant wait to have a try? Below is how MXF to DVD Burner works
1. Free download this Mac P2 MXF to DVD burnner. You can see the main interface. Connect your DVD Writer and insert a blank DVD.
2. Load your P2 MXF files into the DVD creator for Mac. Use the HVX200 as a Firewire device, connect your camera to your computer via a Firewire cable and transfer and copy the footage onto your computer or another external Firewire device using the PC/Dub mode.
a. Drag and drop source files to source area (details in Source Screen)
b. Select “add Files” from the drop-down list of Quick Start menu
Each file is recognized as a chapter after being imported to DVD Creator. Press on “Add title” button to add more titles. And you can do some arrangement for titles or chapters.
3. You can Edit movie clip and Customize your DVD menu
Pavtube DVD Creator for mac will enables you to edit your videos with trim, crop, watermark, effect settings, audio replacing settings features if necessary before burnning.
Tip: Swich to “Audio” Tab from Edit, and add audio to target video file so that you can replace the original audio track with favorite melody. Check the box of “Enable” and click “Browse” button and select the audio or video file you’d like to add. You may check “Loop” to make the audio repeat in order to fit the full length of the video.
This MXF-to-DVD Creator also allows you to design and create your own DVD menu or add background picture as well as music to make your DVD more personalized. To use a preset menu template and simply double-click on the template.
4. Preview Created DVD-Video. It’s great that you can preview the created DVD before burning to make sure everything is going well, and then you can choose to burn a DVD disc, a DVD folder, or a DVD ISO.
5. Start burning.
Click the “Burn” button to start burning Panasonic MXF files to DVD on Mac – video to a writable DVD (or ISO image) that will plays on standard DVD player after burning. Now you have finished the burning process and get the created DVD for watching on your home DVD player or TV.
With this professional MXF to DVD Maker, you will find it pretty easy to convert Panasonic HVX200 DVCPro MXF files to DVD for you to enjoy a quality time watching movies with your family at home.
1. This DVD Burner is free for burning various videos like MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, TiVo, F4V etc into DVD. To know more, please switch to the online guide about Mac DVD Creator on-line help for beginners at Pavtube website and learn how to make an iso image into DVD and write DVD-Video file structure/VIDEO_TS folder to DVD.
2. If you like, you can easily convert P2 card MXF file to Quicktime MOV on Mac, you can also convert P2 card MXF file to other formats with best video and audio quality, like Canon MXF to iMovie/FCE, and P2 MXF to FCP.
No related posts.