Olmpus E-M5, small and light, but a lot more capable than its size suggests. Not only does E-M5 look great, it takes great pictures, meeting or exceeding the quality of some pretty surprising competitors. Its interface is designed with photographers in mind, with ready control dials and a smart interface, all in a very small package. Now just go outing or take part in a party for shooting with this compact camera! The whole experience will be impressive.
( Instructions, Accessories, Software Downloads )
Attractive body design; Well-built, weather-sealed body; Excellent image quality; Excellent image stabilization; Very fast autofocus.
Exposure compensation dial changes easily; Small buttons; No in-camera chromatic aberration correction; Bundled flash is weak; Compression artifacts with rapidly-moving subjects.
1. Is the E-M5 weatherproof ?
- The E-M5 camera body has weatherproof construction. Weatherproof integrity is preserved when using Micro Four Thirds weatherproof lenses or Four Thirds weatherproof lenses (Super High Grade and High Grade lenses) when mounted using the MMF-3 Micro Four Thirds to Four Thirds Adapter.
2. Does E-M5 support 3D imaging?
- Yes, Olympus has included its multi-shot 3D Photo mode in the E-M5, allowing in-camera creation of 3D images in the industry-standard Multi Picture Object (.MPO) format. MPO files contain multiple JPEG still images with slightly differing perspective, and can be viewed on some 3D-capable high-def displays. To capture a 3D image with the Olympus E-M5, you hold down the shutter button and slowly pan across the scene, until the camera automatically takes a second image with slightly differing perspective.
3. Which types of memory cards can be used with this camera?
- SD, SDHC and SDXC cards, UHS-1 cards and Eye-Fi cards, can be used. XD-Picture Card and Compact Flash media cannot be used.
4. What are the purposes of the different record modes?
- Record modes allow photographers to quickly and conveniently vary the quality settings used to capture and save images in-camera. While it is possible to always shoot at the higher-quality settings and process the images down to lower file sizes later using a computer, it may be more convenient in some situations to shoot at other than the higher-quality settings. For example, it may be preferable to shoot using lower-quality settings when the shots are intended for use on the Internet, where small size is more important than rich detail.
5. What video format are E-M5 shooted in? What resolution?Is there video size limit of this camera?
- Olympus E-M5 provides recordings in MOV(MPEG-4AVC/H.264) and AVI(Motion JPEG) format. Resolutions can be up to 1920 x 1080 pixels. The maximum recording time is about 22 minutes for the former, or 29 minutes for the latter. 640 x 480 pixel video is saved as Motion JPEG AVIs at 30 frames per second. The maximum file size for MOV clips is 4GB, while AVI files are limited to 2GB. At all resolutions, videos include 16-bit, 48kHz stereo linear PCM audio.
6. Is movie editing possible using the bundled software?
- OLYMPUS Viewer 2 HD Edition for Windows supports clipping, joining and fading movies in .MOV JPEG format.
OLYMPUS Viewer 2 for Macintosh supports clipping, joining and fading movies in .MOV JPEG format.
7. When I put a E-M5 recordings to FCP 7, from Log & Transfer I can’t find my video clips. Why not?
- Many Olympus users may encountered import MOV/AVI files to FCP 7 problem. It is due to the format and codec incompatiblity. FCP only works in specific formats and video resolutions. The material from this camera has to be converted to FCP friendly codec, such as apple prores. So converting Olympus E-M5 footage to ProRes is the best method
8. How to remove the rendering time and smoothlyedit E-PM5 AVI and MOV video in Final Cut Pro X ?
As we know, Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format is best supported video codec and format for FCP X. And Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac can help you easily transcode Olympus MOV/AVI to Final Cut Pro ProRes 422 codec.
(Downlaod the Mac version here: )
- This Olympus to FCP Converter can be your best partner to encode E-PL1 to FCP, edit E-PM1 in FCP , convert E-PL1 to AIC for FCE/iMovie and make E-PL3 AVCHD files editable in Adobe Premiere.
- If you want to edit E-M5 in FCE/iMovie, just following Olymus E-M5 MOV/AVI to AIC guide and have a try.
- If you are a Mac user, the OLYMPUS Viewer 2 for Mac included on the CD-ROM bundled with this camera can help you transfer images and MOV Motion JPEG-formatted movies to a supported Macintosh operating system. However, the software does not support the transfer or playback of AVI -formatted movie files on the Mac OS platform. If you need to play AVI video on Mac, you can transcode AVI to quicktime MOV format via Pavtube Mac HD Video Converter.
No related posts.